Friday, April 12, 2013

The Hunt is On!

The new chair from Grandma and Grandpa!

We were fortunate enough to have two egg hunting opportunities over Easter.  The first was following church, set up on the church lawn, and the second was after nap on Easter for just her at our house.  I forgot my camera for the church one, but she moved so fast, I'm not sure I would have been able to take pictures.  It turns out that Stephanie is an egg hunting machine.  In retrospect, this is the perfect task for Stephanie-  she is plenty low to the ground and is really into picking things up and not all that into candy (yet).  In fact, I'm not sure she knew the eggs even opened, so while the other children at church couldn't resist opening and peeking, Stephanie was practically vacuuming up the eggs.  We had to un-hunt behind her by secretly emptying her basket, because she clearly had a "no egg left behind" policy that seemed unfair to the other children :).



I put finger puppet in her eggs instead of candy, which turns out was wise because chocolate was NOT going to hold up in the nice warm sun we had that day!




It was a little odd at first that the eggs weren't on the ground like at church, but she got the hang of looking high and low.







Ultimately the eggs guided her to the rabbit booty, which she had to figure out how to carry all at once.



And yes, those are the cutest socks ever!

She did make me "hide" the eggs about 2 dozen more times that day, but the weather was beautiful and Kevin was out gardening so that was no problem!  I actually tried to hide them the first couple of times, but she kept trying to come with me, and I finally realized that all she really wanted me to do was to put the eggs all over the lawn to be picked up again- not that that should come as a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment