Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Mommy

I have managed to come down with a cold and an exhausting cough that just won't quit.  Last night, Stephanie was playing in the dining room and I went in there with her and sat (collapsed) in one of the chairs.  Stephanie said "Mommy sit down in chair."  (100% correct observation).  Then she says "Mommy old." (okay, I'll give her that one, too, especially when compared to herself).  And she repeats that a few times, just to rub it in.  Then she says "I need new Mommy."  COME ON now Stephanie!  Give me a chance to get over this plague you brought home before replacing me!  She repeated that a few more times, and I picked her up and took her into the kitchen and got her to reenact the conversation for Kevin, and she indeed told him I was old and she needed a new Mommy. I think it is fair disclosure to tell you all that I think she learned this from someone (fine, she learned it from me).  She sometimes asks me to do things for her that I am not quite physically capable of (like flying her around the house in various baskets), and I've said to her, "Oh honey, Mommy is so old!  We should get you a new one!"  I think her translation last night was hysterical.  It reminds me that she really does hear everything we say and absorbs it all!  I'm glad we are a household that generally speaks kindly to one another, because if she can turn my joke into that, imagine what she could do with unkind words!      

No comments:

Post a Comment