Friday, October 2, 2015

The first road trip to VA

A couple of weekends ago, the girls and I made the trek to Virginia to see Alaina.  Since I had Thursday off and I haven't seen my family nearly as much as I would like since we moved here, I headed there for Thursday and Friday, and then planned to head to Alaina's Friday late afternoon.  Sadly, it took us 3 hours and 45 minutes (no stops) to get to Tappahannock, which was about 45 minutes longer than I had hoped and about 20 minutes longer than I had expected.  But we made it and had a fun 25 hours visiting everyone, including both of my sisters.  We actually stayed 26 hours, but the last hour involved searching the house and all of our bags for our lost keys.  Jared finally showed up and found them ten minutes later... in a place that we had all looked more than once (the recliner that I had taken a ten minute nap in the night before... that little sleep cost me a lost of stress and time!).  I apparently never broke out the camera in that first 25 hours, but I finally did at Alaina's house (which was only minimally impacted from an unfortunate sump pump/clogged sewer main, By the time I got there, you hardly knew that her bedroom and bathroom had been inches under water the night before we arrived, or so she claimed as she had miraculously handled it literally hours before we arrived).  We had a packed weekend-  a really fun brunch at her house with some of her friends that I really enjoyed, a park/splash pad visit, a day seeing what it means when Alaina is the on call doctor (that seriously is a rough schedule), a soccer game (Alaina's), and a winery (where we authorized Stephanie free use of the camera, thus the reason all but one pic is from the winery).  Anyway, great great weekend, and so happy we live so close now!
After the splashing part of the park




We encouraged Stephanie to enjoy taking photos of the garden while we enjoyed the wine.  There were some lovely pictures!

So Alaina and I totally staged the chairs and the mountains, but Gwen's photobomb really made this shot.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment