Friday, October 2, 2015

Jordan Lake

Jordan Lake is fairly close to our house, and has a playground, grills, and sand (which was clearly shipped in, as if you dig 4 inches, you hit pure clay).  It makes for a fun swim, castle-building, hot dog eating Saturday afternoon, all in a twenty minute drive.  We tried to get down to the actual beach the third weekend in September, but apparently we were not alone with that plan, and there were no hotel rooms available in the area we wanted to go (not to mention I didn't really feel like taking another longish road trip 5 days after I got back from Virginia).  Stephanie didn't care that we didn't get to the ocean (which I suspect is because she has never actually been to the ocean and finds the lake to be plenty sandy) so we settled on the lake.  I refuse to relocate to the East Coast and not get some sort of beach type photos my first year, so here they are.



No comments:

Post a Comment