Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Dentist

We had a dentist appointment this morning, so I wanted to prepare Stephanie for the trip.  She broke a tooth when she was almost 2, and she has been several times, so I thought she was maybe familiar with the process.  So I told her we were going to the dentist.  She said "No running at the dentist", which is what she says when we go to the store.  I agreed that she probably shouldn't run at the dentist's office.  Then she says, "Buy Stephie bigger shoes."  Hmm...what exactly does she think happens at the dentist?  Or is she just learning to negotiate some sort of reward system?  Either way, she was really agreeable about getting in the car, so I didn't bother to correct her.  I told her in the car that the dentist was going to look at her teeth, and she didn't seem all that surprised.  In the end, the dentist went great, and then we went to the shoe store, so all worked out as she planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment