Friday, March 1, 2013

Matches

This is the face I got every time I asked her to smile


















Stephanie is really into matching things lately.  Yesterday she wore a white and orange polka dot shirt, navy leggings with multi color polka dots and a pink polka dot skirt.  She said "dots match".  They sure do Stephanie.  Oh, and for good measure, she also wore an orange skirt under the pink skirt, but it did not have dots.  And yes, I did let her go to school like that.  I did insist she wear shoes to school and not monkey slippers.  Speaking of feet and matching, not long ago in the car, she told me "feet match".  I couldn't resist explaining chirality (chemistry concept) to her, in which something can match but not be identical, so I said "Actually, Stephanie your feet are non-superimposable mirror images.  Can you say "non-superimposable mirror images"?"  She says "No match".  She is at least as smart as any student I've taught!

No comments:

Post a Comment