Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Snakes and Rivers and MLS, oh my!

We have been continuing on our busy summer schedule, but I have tried to drag the camera out for at least some of the very best events.  First up, snakes at the library.  We saw this show at the library last year.  The presenter spent about 50% of the time educating about snakes (which I needed then and still felt like I could use a refresher), 20% of the time allowing snakes to be passed around the room, and 30% of the time awing the audience with a spectacular and angry lizard and then a very large python. 
All dressed up for the show!


This lizard was here last time.  He has some anger issues and puts on a pretty good attempt at not letting himself be handled, but the handler won. 

One of many snakes we got to touch.  Her name is Peppermint Patty.  I have casually considered getting the family a pet snake.  They kind of flip me out and they kind of fascinate me.  But, my research indicates that their care is not as easy as I had envisioned with their finicky temperature sensitivities, so I am back to no pets. 

And the python.  Last year he brought an albino.  Apparently he has more than one python to bring on tour. 

Later in the month, we hit the Eno River with the neighbors.  After I insisted on a photo with their fish river shirts, they put on swimsuits and got in.  It was fun, but the recent rains made it a bit deeper than I would have liked.  We are definitely going back again!

Not the river, but MLS.  We hit it up after the river, because why not totally exhaust everyone?

One of the many ways to enter the tree houses at the museum.  Gwen would take the slide to the bottom, climb to the top of the stairs, cross the little suspension bridge and then back down the slide.  I just waited at the top and kept an eye on her.  I think it could have gone on for hours. 



And the butterfly release.  Always one of my favorite things to do.  Stephanie got another one that wanted to hang out with her.  She actually got to release three, but this was the only one that wanted to be her bff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment