Wednesday, March 19, 2014

For a long time ago

I would like to interrupt the still unfinished Christmas Series of Posts to post about my new favorite expression that Stephanie has been using for several months.  I fear that if I don't post it now, she will stop using it and it will be lost with time.
She has mixed the expressions "for a long time" and "a long time ago" to create the Steph's-pression "for a long time ago", as in "Daddy hasn't taken me to the pool for a long time ago" or "We haven't played the Scooby Doo game for a long time ago".  Against my typical policy, I occasionally use the expression as well, mostly because I'm not quite ready for her to unlearn this one.  There have been a few Steph's-pressions that we have held onto as a family, "blue-cycling" being a notable one.  "Blue-cycling" is her description of our household recycling efforts, which are always placed in a blue bucket, and now the term is a standard household word.  It seems possible that "for a long time ago" might also stick, at least for a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment