Saturday, February 15, 2014

The second (and last) third birthday party

As Valentine's Day has come and gone, I thought it might be time to wrap up my posts about Christmas... After staying in New Jersey for about a week, we all headed together down to Virginia to see my parents.  Originally, Kevin was not going to come with me, but changed his mind at the last minute.  Ostensibly, he did not want to miss Christmas with Stephanie, but he did change his mind shortly after overhearing my conversation with my mother about what kind of ice cream cake she should get for Stephanie's birthday party she was throwing, so I am not entirely sure what his motivation was, because I would change my plans for Friendly's ice cream cake.
The birthday party was our first night at Grandma's.  Stephanie loves unwrapping gifts, but by far, the most exciting part was the helium balloon tank that Mom had bought and Dad had used to blow up at least half a basement full of balloons, and the ice cream cake was, as could easily have been predicted, plenty popular.  We even had Minnie Mouse hats, plates and party blowers.  Not too shabby for a second third birthday party!  Thanks Mom!








It's not a birthday party until Jared helps Didy put a party hat on!


In what I consider a great Thomas tradition, Mom thought of everything except birthday candles!  We worked it out!



Having some birthday ice cream cake.

Did I not mention the ice cream cupcakes, because Mom got those too!  Did we let her eat both? Yes, yes we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment