Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Beach, part deux


The kids and I met up with Alaina this week at Busch Gardens, where we had a chance to exchange SD cards for beach pictures. I realize in ten years this will likely be a hysterical way to exchange pictures (just like my first 256MB flash drive at $40 was once a life changing investment and is now comically useless), but it is what works the best for us currently. Side note: Unlike myself, that won't even bring my junky cell phone into Busch Gardens, Alaina was totally willing and happy to bring her camera, so there will be a Busch Gardens post (as soon as we can exchange memory cards again), but, spoiler alert- we crushed it. 
Anyway, back to the second half of the beach vacay. I was excited to see these photos today, as it is the first that I have seen them, and I got to relive the trip a bit.






Look at that pricey Jekyll Island souvenir getting a good workout!



I know this is how the beach makes some people feel. I am not one of those people. Give me a cup of coffee and an oceanside balcony and I am good. Alternatively, I will happily take a beach walk to look for shells. I can take or leave the sun and water. Sadly, the prime season is a bit wasted on me, but everyone else loves the full beach experience and I am certainly not against it.





Thanks to Tasha and Whitney, we had a fresh kite selection! Stephanie had a really cute Bee kite, but that one took some serious adult attention to get in the air, and we apparently missed getting photos of that one!


I do love to make a drip castle though...



I forgot to pack sunhats for the kids, so all of the adults randomly put their own hats on the kids when the sun was beating down. It was less than ideal, but did spark one of my favorite amazon purchases ever- bright pink sun hats that have already appeared on the blog in the fourth of July post. 





Gwen's swimsuit here is SO cute, but also a horrible sunburn waiting to happen. I agreed for her to wear it only after Alaina did both lotion and spray sunscreen and we covered her with a rash guard a few hours in. 


After all of the Stephanie cartwheel photos, I was happy to see a Gwen "handstand" shot.




These two pictures accurately illustrate that my hair and Alaina's hair have two very different salt water experiences...

I realize, especially at the beach when I see lots of swim wear, that my swim gear is a little off the beaten path- but I haven't had a sunburn since I started dressing like this and my kids can find that candy cane hat in a heartbeat! Stephanie has recently observed how "peach" my back is, since it now never sees the light of day, but I will take that over the inevitable sunburn I seem to manage without the rash guard.  


It was a great few beach days, and these photos make me wish we had another planned! Maybe we can go back during my October break- for premium kite flying, shell hunting and balcony coffee drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment