Thursday, June 14, 2018

Beach Half Week Part 1

Once again this year, Alaina's parent's invited us to join them at the beach for their vacation. We stayed three nights with them and Alaina, and had two great full beach days. The third day was looking overcast, so Kevin opted to take the kids to mini golf while I packed up, still hoping the weather would clear for one last hoorah at the beach. Instead, it just down poured and Kevin and the girls had a very soggy mini golf experience.
It was a lovely trip, and much needed time with friends and family. This is the first post, because as I was sorting pictures I was angrily trying to figure out why some of the other promising photos I took were not on this camera, when I realized that I used Alaina's camera part of the time, so I will have to get those from her- also, her camera definitely includes photos of me, and perhaps even Kevin (who enjoyed the beach thoroughly, but also had to spend hours each day inside working).
In beach success news, hardly anyone got too much sun (we might have both lotioned and sprayed the children when they weren't in rash guards) and the kids are old enough now to make friends at the beach and play collaboratively for hours in the sand. In beach fail news, I left my bottom at home and had to shop at the beach for a replacement. Kevin thought I had found mine when I showed up at the beach, as I found the navy blue twin to my black bottom in the style that I always wear, but at least I expanded my color choices.











Possibly my favorite photo of the bunch!



Obligatory cartwheel vacation photo



This is definitely my favorite almost perfect photo! If only I had been two steps back when Gwen photobombed!



What a fantastic time, and I am so pleased with the photos- I adore this zoom lens beyond words! I can't wait to see and post Alaina's photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment