Sunday, May 6, 2018

Obstacle Course- Complete with mud pit

Yesterday was the Annual 5K and obstacle course at Stephanie's school. We did it last year, and the weather was less than ideal (far too cold for kids to be outside and wet), but this year was much better. Gwen had a t-ball game at the same time. We let the kids pick which parent was going with which kid. I won't lie- I was like a nervous little kid waiting to get picked for the team I really wanted, fingers crossed that Stephanie would choose me because I knew there would be photo opportunities. She did not. So, I set the camera settings for Kevin, and sent him off on his own. I learned a few things from this experience. #1 There are other people in the world that can take fun pictures of my kids other than Alaina and myself. #2 I am willing to crop someone else's photos mercilessly. I think I don't as quickly see the cropping opportunities that exist with my own pictures. #3 I am also way less committed to order of photographs if I don't take them. Stephanie ran the course 4 times, three with classmate friends and once by herself until she ran into a neighbor to run with. In picking out photos, I had no qualms mixing and matching race parts to find the right pictures to tell a story since I had no real part of that story. 















Your teacher must love you to touch you after all this!

They had the fire trucks out to rinse the kids. It certainly helped, but her hair still ran mud out when I helped her clean up at home. And I had to Q-tip the mud out of her ears before church. 



No comments:

Post a Comment