Thursday, June 2, 2016

Gwenzilla- A blast from the past

While looking through the blog with Alaina, she was shocked to discover that I had 11 drafts of posts I had never published.  At least a third are hardly started, most need pictures added, but there were a few gems like this one that are mostly finished, waiting on some touch-ups.  So prepare for a few oldies (and for sure goodies).... (Make that 10 drafts now!)

Speaking to you from a year ago, in Lawrence Kansas...

Gwen has turned into a total monster.  She is, at least, the type of monster who grins so adorably at you while simultaneously ripping every shirt you have hung in your closet off the hangers that you can forgive the monster that she has become.  No, really.  Paper towels, toilet paper, tissues... Shredded.  Toothpaste... Grabbed, toddled away with, and hidden so well, I have nearly resorted to using the bubblegum flavor in Stephanie's bathroom.  Wallet and purse... well, see for yourself.


Is there something that is not safe to climb on?  She's there, even faster if you should happen to be making dinner or trying to wash dishes.  Total, adorable monster.  
It wasn't long ago that Stephanie would tell you point blank that she didn't love Gwen.  At one point, I told Gwen that Stephanie loved her.  Stephanie said, "I never loved her".  So I told Gwen that her sister liked her a lot.  Stephanie informed me that she liked her, but not a lot.  It seems to be, however, that the more of a monster that Gwen turns into, the more Stephanie likes her.  
Last weekend, Stephanie did something that resulted in her getting sent to her room.  She told me it was boring in there.  A few minutes later she peeked out and lured Gwen into her room, and then I could hear them laughing and playing.  I thought that I should probably shut it down, since Steph was technically in trouble, but watching her lure and capture her sister to have a playmate was too cute.  
Stephanie always looks out for Gwen, and is genuinely kind to her.  Was there a moment today where Stephanie was on the floor half crying because she couldn't play something her way because Gwen was destroying it... Sure there was, but she's four, not a saint.   And lately she seems to like her enough that I decided to run the love test again, and this time when I told Gwen that her sister loved her, there were no objections.  


No comments:

Post a Comment