Friday, April 15, 2016

Field Trip to Raleigh

With the taxes still in progress, an unexpected week of car shopping, and daylight for gardening in the evening, we have had too many late evenings and limited spare time for things like blogging.  I have one other field trip that I want to put on here, but I had to do the most recent first while it was still fresh, even if it is a bit short on details.    
We spent today in Raleigh for a few different activities.  First, a park there had a nature sensory play area set up this morning and then NC State was hosting "Farm Days".  The kids played for a half hour in the sensory play area, but a required bathroom break had us walk across the park where they discovered a playground and a lake, so that was it for the sensory play for the day, but still lots of fun- and, frankly, less wet. 


A fairy house designed by Stephanie and the neighbors





And I managed to get a series of "Gwen climbing on things" shots...







We had some lunch and headed to the Farm Days event.  They had lots of farm animals, and very importantly, free ice cream! 


On a personal note, if you are wondering what is going on with my hair, welcome to the club!  I keep thinking that I need to get it cut into a great style I love, then I think about taking the kids to a hair place- which would be fine once, but if you want a style you have to do that often- and then I give up and go with long enough to pull back. 

Speaking of haircuts- this little lady just dropped several inches a couple of weeks ago!  It is actually hard to tell because she has had bangs that length around her face for a while now, but we cut off quite a bit.  She was tired of the nightly brushing battle, as was I, and asked for a cut.

We had to wait in a really long line to hold the chicks, but it ended up being Stephanie's favorite part, so totally worth it. 





Kevin's new car got a chance to do some off-road parking.  More on the need for a new car later.

And Stephanie found time to do a little gardening with Dad when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment