Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Deanna Rose

In the craziness that is Kansas weather, we had a fall weather day last week, so I used the opportunity to take Stephanie to the Deanna Rose Farmstead.  We had been once before, but she was too little to be very interested.  It is essentially a large farm petting zoo, complete with chickens, goats, pigs, horses and cows.  Oh, and huge, amazing playgrounds.  Slightly sad for me is that the playgrounds are right at the entrance, so of course that was the desired attraction for her and I really wanted her to check out some animals before play.  I managed to get what I wanted by taking her to the bathrooms across the park, so we at least got to see a few goats, a pig and a horse.  She kept asking why the pigs weren't saying oink oink and the ducks weren't saying quack quack, and was generally unimpressed by the creatures.  The goats were pretty neat, but I will admit that the pigs are a bit of a let down, as they really do just lay in the mud and sleep.  But Stephanie had an absolute blast on the playground (and I reminded myself that if she was having fun, it didn't matter that we saw next to none of the farm), and we got to finish the day by seeing a cow get milked.  We are headed back there today, so maybe I can get some pictures of her near animals and not just on a playground.  Or we will just exhaust her on the playground, which is okay too!

There were several of these to ride (as you will see in the next few pictures), but she was really drawn to this slightly psychedelic duck (okay, they were all a bit psychedelic, but this duck more so than the others).  I am also certain that no amount of time on the bouncy ride animals count as spending time on a farm.   








Waiting for the cow to get milked

Exhausted!  I fixed the seat belt issue just after this photo, but had to get the photo first.

No comments:

Post a Comment