Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stephanie's Colorful Breakfast

One of our favorite quick but warm breakfasts is 9 grain cereal.  Cook it up in a little bit of milk, add raisins or brown sugar (or, better yet, both), and it is a very satisfying breakfast that everyone enjoys.  Kevin made it this morning, and I noticed that it appeared to contain quinoa, not a grain I was used to seeing in my 9 grain cereal, so I asked him about it.  He said, "Oh, I decided to make 10 grain cereal this morning."  Stephanie piped up, "It's 9 green cereal, that's why I got my green spoon!".  Kevin and I then got to have one of those parent moments where we just looked at each to acknowledge the comedy of the situation.  Perhaps this explains why Stephanie is such a fan of the cereal... and all along, I thought it might be the brown sugar and raisins!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment