Sunday, January 5, 2014

I gotch-ya!

Before the holidays, we had some icy rain and I ended up slipping in the driveway while holding Stephanie.  It was a more embarrassing moment than I care to re-live, but let's just say I had been told moments before that the driveway was icy, but I decided to give it a go anyway.  Stephanie now has the occasional fear of me slipping, warning me to be careful whenever conditions appear even a little wet, and even warning Kevin when, at their last orienteering race, Kevin was told by the race coordinators that part of the course was slippery.  She kept telling him, "Go slow, go slow!".  The same day I fell, she was extra sensitive, and actually started crying when I told her we were going out to the store.  She didn't want to go out because she was afraid I would slip.  I got her out of the house, as it was no longer slippery out, and she was fine.  The next day we were headed out, and she said to me, "You can hold my hand Mommy, I gotch-ya."  I guess one non-slippery experience gave her the confidence to keep me up-right all on her own!  Still though, I hear the warnings about not slipping every time it is wet out!

No comments:

Post a Comment