Sunday, December 8, 2013

The First "Snow" 2013

It doesn't take much snow, apparently, to excite Stephanie (so excited in fact, that she managed to get me to agree to take her out in it before 9 am, and I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about how cold and early it was!). We took just a few pictures to commemorate the occasion.  She actually went upstairs to my closet to request this particular hat... I think because she remembers wearing it in the snow last year.  She used her shovel to shovel snow into the potted mums because the "plants were hungry".  They probably would have been hungry, had they not been very, very frozen.




Two days before, we got word from our in-house meteorologist (i.e., Kevin with a newspaper in hand) that the weather was going to turn ugly very soon-and he was right, because, at this point, it is so cold that even Kevin is willing to admit that it is cold out, but only after the water in his camelback froze in the hose when he was out orienteering on Saturday.   In anticipation of the cold, we got in one more trip to the nature center in town, where we discovered a super fun log!  Additionally, we were discovered by a very sweet neighborhood cat.  I practically tackled him to have a chance to snuggle a cat, but he seemed to prefer to aggressively head butt Stephanie, who did NOT like it.  On the way home, she told me, "I not a big fan of that cat."  I am sure I said that, and she was repeating me from earlier, but it was a very accurate assessment of how she felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment